At the high slope of Toompea, on Pikk jalg street is an outstanding urban palace from the middle of the 19th century which belonged to Bernhard Otto Jakob von Uexküll – the owner of Vigala manor – and which was designed by authorized Governorate Architect Georg Winterhalter. After the declaration of Estonian independence the real estate was sold to the later president Konstantin Päts, who partially rented out the estate to embassies and lived himself in the wing of the building that was facing Kiriku plats street. In 1923 the embassies of Finland and Hungary became the tenants of the part of the building next to Pikk jalg street. Although in 1926 due to economic difficulties Päts did sell the house to (the state of) Finland, he continued to rent it until the beginning of Soviet occupation.
Pre-registration required. All the groups are full and registration is closed.