Professors' Village in Kopli



The Russian-Baltic Shipyard that was founded at the end of the Russian Empire Baltic governorates, brought about the need for dwellings and other essential institutions for living such as schools, sauna, church and community center. In 1914, at the height of its time, there were about 2000 and in 1916 about 7500 people working and living in the area, but as the result of political and economic changes the enterprise experienced significant increase.
On the left side of the spectacular main building designed by Aleksandr Dmitrijev, there were dwellings for engineers, main craftsmen, civil servants and administration; after a while the factory itself was moved into the main building.
Later the main building of the factory was used by the polytechnic that was the predecessor of Tallinn University of Technology and the dwellings were inhabited by professors, which resulted with the region being called Professors’ Village.
Guided tours on Saturday and Sunday at 12:00, 1:00, 2:00, 3:00 and 4:00 pm. Meeting in front of Estonian Maritime Academy (Kopli 101).

Visiting time

Sat 12:00
Sat 13:00
Sat 14:00
Sat 15:00
Sat 16:00
Sun 12:00
Sun 13:00
Sun 14:00
Sun 15:00
Sun 16:00

How to get there?